Thursday, December 7, 2006

From our WTF? department...IT’S TOUGH!

Some gems from the Bush/Blair news conference addressing the Iraq Study Group Report:


Q: Mr. President, the Iraq Study Group described the situation in Iraq as grave and deteriorating. You said that the increase in attacks is unsettling. That will convince many people that you're still in denial about how bad things are in Iraq and question your sincerity about changing course.

BUSH: It's bad in Iraq. That help?

Q: Why did it take others to say it before you've been willing to acknowledge it to the world?

BUSH: You know, in all due respect, I've been saying it a lot. I understand how tough it is, and I've been telling the American people how tough it is. And they know how tough it is.


[[and furthermore?]]

BUSH: I talk to the families who die. I understand there's sectarian violence.


[[I understand that you understand that I understand that they understand]]

BUSH: I appreciate your question. As you can tell, I feel strongly about making sure you understand that I understand it's tough.


[[the man should never be allowed in front of a live microphone]]